Campus Care

History of SWCU

Satya Wacana Christian University (SWCU), started out with the name Indonesian Christian Teaching Educational Tertiary Institution (PTPG-KI). It was officiated on November 30, 1956, with five departments, consisting of Education, History, English, Law, and Economics. PTPG-KI of Satya Wacana changed to become FKIP-KI on July 17, 1959. Then on December 5, 1959, it officially became Satya Wacana Christian University with the existence of the Economics Faculty and Law Faculty, which were then followed by the opening of several other new faculties and study programs.

As a private upper educational institution that is over 50 years old, Satya Wacana, which means “Faith in God’s Decrees”, continues to develop and is trusted by the society and government.

At this time, SWCU has 56 study programs which consist of 4 3-year Associate Degree study programs, 39 Undergraduate Degree study programs, 10 Master’s Degree study programs, and 3 Doctorate Degree study programs.